Hike supports the feature, unit of measure, to enable selling and purchasing products in bulk. For the details of the feature, please refer to Unit of Measure: Sell or Purchase Products in Bulk
. Apart from creating them manually one by one, you can import them with an excel file. The whole import process involves 2 main steps.
Step 1. Enable unit of measure for the products in Hike
Before the import of unit of measure, you will need to ensure that the products have unit of measure activated. You can check and update this on the product page, like shown in the screenshot below.
Visit Products > Products. Click on the product and tick the highlighted option to activate the unit of measure for the particular product.
Or, if you want to activate it in bulk, you will need to do it via product import. For detailed instructions on how to update products by import, please refer to Importing Products via Excel Files
. The instructions below are a brief summary of what needs to be done.
- Export the product list from Hike. For details, please refer to How to Export your Product List in Hike
- Make the value of the “Enable unit of measure” column "TRUE" for the products for which you want to enable unit of measure.
- Import the file back.
Step 2. Import unit of measure into Hike
Then, we can start importing units of measure by navigating to the product listing page and clicking on IMPORT > import unit of
measure, as shown in the screenshot below.
After clicking on import unit of measures, you will
land on the import page where you can attach the excel file to import. If you haven't prepared the list yet and are not
sure about what the import file shall be like, you can download the template from the
import log page.
Here's a brief explanation of the different columns in the template.
- Product SKU: the SKU of the product for which you want to import unit of measure
- UoM Name: the name of the unit of measure, e.g. a box of beers
- UoM SKU: the SKU of the unit of measure. You can enter your own unique SKU or leave it blank. If you leave it blank, Hike will generate an SKU automatically
- UoM Barcode: the barcode of the unit of measure. Similar to UoM SKU, if you don't enter your own, Hike will generate one for you
- Quantity: how many products are included in the unit of measure. For example, the quantity for "a dozen of beers" is 12
- Percentage discount: "TRUE" to enable percentage discount or "FALSE" to enable value discount.
- Discount value: the value for the discount. For example, the value here is entered as 20. If the percentage discount is set as true, the discount will be 20% off; if the percentage discount is set as false, it will be $20 off. If you don't want to provide any discount, please keep the value of this column as 0 or blank.
Once the file is ready, you can then import the file to Hike. After mapping the columns in the file and the fields in Hike, you can then click on CONTINUE to finish the import.
Importing Products via Excel Files
When businesses are moving to Hike POS, rather than having to manually create all data, like products, customers & suppliers. It may be preferable to have all information stored onto a spreadsheet, that can then be imported into Hike. Also, manually ...
Importing Suppliers via Excel Files
When businesses are moving to Hike POS, rather than having to manually create all their data – products, customers & suppliers – it may be preferable to have all information stored onto a spreadsheet, that can then be imported into Hike. This ...
Importing Customers via Excel File
Importing your Customers via Excel file When businesses are moving to Hike POS, rather than having to manually create all their data – products, customers & suppliers – it may be preferable to have all information stored onto a spreadsheet, that can ...
Importing Composite Products via Excel File
Hike allows for creating composite products. To create them in bulk efficiently, similar to creating products, you can import the composite products. You can either use your own template or the Hike one. We would recommend the latter because it will ...
Tips: Importing Different Products with The Same Name
Some businesses require to have the same name for different products. If it sounds like yours, then you can import such products in bulk in Hike by using the product import feature. The process is the same as explained in Importing Products via Excel ...