Hike offers built-in integration with Neto. Connect your Hike store with Neto to seamlessly integrate your in-store Hike POS and Neto’s eCommerce store.
Integrating the two will give you complete management control of your data, including:
- Product details & variants
- Product categories
- Customer profiles
- Sale transactions
- Payment history
Important note before you begin the integration
- For the first time sync, the data will sync in one go, any data added in after the integration will go one by one. Therefore, we recommend you to have your data nice and clean in one platform before the integration is activated, as this will make the sync process simpler.
- Hike does not allow duplicate SKUs or Barcodes for products. Please note that although Neto does not allow duplicate SKUs for products, you can have duplicate Barcodes for various products in Neto. Please make sure there are no duplicate Barcodes in your Neto products before activating the integration.
- Once the integration is turned on, any data modification will update in both Hike and Neto, as such we highly recommend you to perform a back-up of the most up-to-date data for both platforms before you activate the integration. Please check how to export products from Hike, you can also export from Neto.
- Apply tax rule: as both Hike and Neto have different tax setting options, please make sure they are consistent in both platforms. Which means if the price you entered in Neto is tax-inclusive, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax-inclusive prices” ticked. If you entered price tax-exclusive price in Neto, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax-inclusive prices” un-ticked example as below:
- In Hike, you can set 'allow selling out of stock' permission on the level of products while in Neto it is activated/deactivated for all products at once. As such, if this permission is set to 'On' in Neto, some of your Hike inventory may go in negative even if your Hike setting is set otherwise because of the inventory and transaction updates from Neto.
If you need the backorder feature working fine both in Hike and Neto, please make sure the relevant settings are aligned. In Hike, please disable selling out-of-stock products in Store setup > General. The explanation on the reason can be found on the integration settings page
Also, please also make sure you haven’t enabled this for the product.
In Neto, you will need to change the order process rules, and choose to create backorders for out-of-stock items.
- Before you activate the integration, please set up at least one shipping option in Neto, if you want to sync the Hike Sales to Neto. It's set up for the in-store sales processed in Hike to sync to Neto.
- Any Hike gift card, discount offers, store credits, and loyalty point will not sync with Neto.
- If you integrate Neto with any other platforms, this may affect the integration sync with Hike, for example if a third-party integration changes price, SKU or barcode information for products. Please check any existing integrations and test them thoroughly before activating the integration with Hike.
- Once your Hike and Neto stores are integrated and synced, please do not delete the integration and re-integrate unless you are looking to start from scratch, if you are facing any issues please feel free to contact our support team.
- Due to API limitations, Neto won't automatically sync products and customers to Hike. Thus, you will need to sync them manually if you create or update them in Neto. Please note, the limitation is only on the sync from Neto to Hike, not the other way around. Hike can always sync the updates automatically.
- Due to API limitations, for Neto to sync orders automatically to Hike, you will need to manually set it up. For details, please read the corresponding section of the article. Please note, the setup is for the sync from Neto to Hike only. Hike will always sync orders to Neto automatically, if you configure so in the integration settings.
Here, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to integrate your Neto website with your Hike POS. You’ll activate the integration in 2 main steps:
- Connect Hike & Neto
- Apply setting rules
- Set up the automatic sync of orders from Neto to Hike
To get started, make sure that you’ve logged into both Hike & Neto.
Connect Hike & Neto
- In Hike, open the Store Setup tab, and click on Integrations.
- There will you find a list of applications to which Hike connects. Integrate your Neto account, by clicking on Activate to the right of the Neto icon. Please note, your integration page my look a bit different from the screenshot below.
- A new screen will appear entitled Connect to Neto. Here you will enter your Neto’s store URL. As an example, our Neto store would be: my-store-hike.neto.com.au which we’ve entered in the screenshot below. Please note not to enter the https:// at the front.
- If you’re unsure about your Neto store name, it is same as the one you use to login to your Neto admin console. It is same as the first part of your Neto admin web address visible in your web browser’s address bar.
- Enter your store’s URL name into Hike and click on Connect. You will then be directed to your Neto’s login page and be asked to login.
By logging in, you are authorising Hike to connect with Neto.
- Once your connection with Neto is active, you’ll be automatically redirected to the Neto settings screen in Hike automatically.
If you want to make sure that your Neto integration with Hike has successfully been activated, Close the settings screen, and you’ll land back on Hike’s Integrations page. You’ll notice that next to the Neto Integration row, the Activate option has been replaced with Manage, which means you have successfully activated the Hike + Neto connection.
- In future, you can revisit the settings by clicking on the Manage settings as shown in the screen below:
Now it’s time to provide your sync settings
On the settings screen, you’ll be able to establish exactly how you want your Hike & Neto pairing to work.
Hike tax for payment
Here you will find all the sales tax options set in Hike. Select the ‘Hike tax’ that is best suited for your Neto’s online store needs so that when orders are synced, the tax amounts are matched correctly.
To correctly map tax classes in both systems, we suggest you create all relevant taxes in Hike and Neto both and map those on this screen.
Neto product SKU for custom sale and discount line items in Hike
In order to sync custom sale or discount offers in a sale from Hike to Neto, you will need to set up a product of which the inventory is not tracked in Neto. Then, put the SKU of the product in this field.
Please note, the product must be an active one in Neto. Otherwise, the relevant sales won’t sync properly. You can deactivate the product in Hike, and choose not to show the product in your Neto store, just in case you place orders for this product by mistake.
Select shipping method
The option is a mandatory one when you want to sync the sales processed in Hike to Neto. We would recommend you to set up a free shipping option in Neto as you will not be able to charge the shipping fee for sales placed in Hike.
Hike register for payments
Check this box if you’d like to track and reconcile your online order payments in Hike. Checking this box will bring up a drop-down box of all the registers in your chosen outlet.
From now onwards, when you close the cash register at the end of the day/shift, it will also include the Neto payments in the daily receipt summary. You can revisit this summary at any point in time to verify payments against the online order dispatches.
We suggest a dedicated cash register for your online sales with Neto to give you greater transparency on online sales transactions and payments. It will also help to manage your register report because any sale sync from Neto to Hike after you close your register will re-open the register which integrated with Neto. Please check How to create outlets and registers
, there might be an additional charge based on which subscription plan you have, please check the Hike plan
price before doing any change.
If you are using a separate register for Neto sale record, it will auto open the register whenever this is a sale synced from Neto to Hike. We strongly recommend to close this register on daily basis or at least within 5 days since it opened, because it will help check the report and reconcile.
You can choose to map Hike outlets with Neto locations one to one or combine the inventory of multiple outlets to one Neto location.
Map Hike outlets and Neto locations
Select the outlet/physical inventory location your Neto store will draw inventory from. It could be one of your outlets or a central warehouse you dispatch online orders from. Select the Neto location that your Hike store will send inventory to. It could be one of your Neto store locations.
Merge multiple outlets to a single location
Select the outlets in Hike where you would draw the inventory, and map with a single location in Neto. When this option is chosen, the online order synced from Neto to Hike will deduct the product inventory from the outlet under which the invoice syncs.
As shown, we would recommend you to manage the inventory in Hike if you choose this option for inventory settings.
You can choose to map Hike payment types with those in Neto. For example, if you map the payment types as shown in the screenshot, and pay a sale with POS Cash in Neto, the payment will sync to Hike as Cash.
This is where you’ll select how your data is synced and managed between Hike and Neto.
Neto -> Hike
There are different sync settings you can select based on your requirements. We’ll explain how each can be synced to and from Hike, with examples below:
Update inventory in Hike when an order is created in Neto
When order placed in Neto, it will update the product inventory involved in that order in Hike at the same time
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products included in this sale are already synced to Hike
- If this setting is off your inventory may not match between Hike and Neto
- If this setting was off, and later on turn it back on, please make sure reconcile your stock in both Hike and Neto
Send full Neto order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history
When order placed in Neto, the order will sync to Hike, and you can check it in Hike sales history like below.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure all the products and customer included in this sale are already synced to Hike. If there is any unsynced item in this sale, it will not sync
- Hike will only take the new sales processed after the integration, any pre-existing sale in Neto will not sync.
Send new products created in Neto to Hike
Any new product created in Neto will sync to Hike
Make product visibility to all outlet when created in Hike.
This option only appears when you have multiple outlets in Hike. Unticking this option will only make the product visible in the mapped outlet/s in the inventory settings section when a new product syncs from Neto to Hike.
Update inventory in Neto when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
The stock will update in Neto if there is any sale, purchase order or stocktake processed in Hike.
- Manual stock adjustment for the products will update only from Hike to Neto; any manual stock adjustment happened in Neto will not update in Hike, so we strongly recommend to manage your stock in Hike
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products already synced to Neto
- The inventory will only update in the Neto location that you linked with Hike
- Hike supports fraction sale feature however Neto does not support it. If you are going to sell your products in a fraction in Hike, it will cause the problems with the stock level. Please consider carefully and test thoroughly before the integration
Send new products in Hike to Neto
Any new product created in Hike will sync to Neto if they have eCommerce channel active in Hike like below (you will find how to activate it from Product support
- The composite product in Hike will sync to Neto as a kitted product.
- If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms
Send full Hike order to Neto and save in Neto's sales history
When an order is placed in Hike, the order will sync to Neto, and you can check it in Neto sales history.
Please note: Due to API limitations, there’s a chance that your inventory will get double deducted, though it’s very low. Thus, we recommend to disable this feature and retain POS orders history within Hike for faster real-time and accurate inventory updates.
Product Description Sync Preference
As explained in the notes, if you have applied HTML mark-ups in the product description in your Neto store, we would recommend you to choose the first option to avoid the format being wiped out in your Neto store. If you are sure that you don’t have HTML codes in your product description in Neto, you can keep the product description to sync in both ways.
Product Image Sync Preference
As explained in the notes, we recommend to sync product image update from Neto to Hike only, because the eCommerce platform gives you more flexibility on the resolution and display of product images.
Other Sync Preference
As explained previously, due to the differences of the settings related to selling out-of-stock items, you will need to make sure the settings are aligned to avoid inventory discrepancy.
The customer is enforced to sync in both ways, to make sure sales can sync properly.
Once you’ve completed all the necessary steps, it’s time to save and start syncing. Click on the Continue button at the top to go on. If this is not the first time you set up the integrations, you will have the Save button instead of Continue.
Hike Tip: If the Continue/Save button is greyed out, it means you have not completed all the mandatory settings. The scenario in the image below is one of the most common ones. Ensure you have completed everything on the page, before moving on.
Please be advised that syncing your data across may take some time (depending on the number of products and customers you have in system).
Now it’s time to run the first-time sync
After clicking on “Continue”, you will be able to choose the direction of the first-time data sync flow. After confirming the choice and clicking on “save & sync”, the first-time data sync will start flowing as per your choice.
Set up the automatic sync of orders from Neto to Hike
In your integration settings, you will find a link in the section "NETO API WEBHOOK URL". Please note, the number in your link will be different from that in the screenshot below.
Copy the link and we will need to paste it somewhere in Neto settings.
Please open your Neto store, and go to Settings & Tools > All Settings & Tools > Developer Tools > API Settings. Tick "Enable Maropost API webhook", and paste the link you got from Hike to "Maropost API webhook URL". Save the settings, and the Neto orders will sync to Hike automatically onwards.
1. How the variant product will sync between Hike and Neto?
Hike to Neto: If it is a variant product in Hike all the variants will sync to Neto and list as variant options under one product. If it is a simple product in Hike, it will sync to Neto as a simple product
Neto to Hike: if it is a variant product in Neto, it will sync as a variant product in Hike. If it is a simple product in Neto, it will sync to Hike as a simple product
2. If I have a sale in Hike including products having eCommerce sales channel active as well as inactive, will it update my stock in Neto or not?
Yes, it will update the stock for your product in Neto if you have ticked the option “Update inventory in Neto when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike.
3. If I don’t want to sync a particular product to Neto, what should I do?
You can simple untick the sales channel “eCommerce” in Hike for that product. Please note, if you mark this product as inactive in Hike but still tick “eCommerce”, it will still sync to Neto.
4. How the shipping charge will display in Hike?
If the shipping charge is added for sale in Neto, it will be added as an extra line in Hike invoice like in the below. The shipping tax based on the general tax setting, Hike will take only the total of the shipping
5. If I have plug-in in my Neto account, will it sync?
No, Hike is not syncing any update coming from the plug-in with the third party.