Hike offers built-in integration with Ecwid. (It's coming soon.) Connect your Hike store with Ecwid to seamlessly integrate your in-store Hike POS and Ecwid's eCommerce store.
Integrating the two will give you complete management control of your data, including:
- Product details & variants
- Product categories
- Customer profiles (including customer groups)
- Sale transactions
- Payment history
Important note before you begin the integration
- For the first time sync, the data will sync in one go, any data added in after the integration will go one by one. Therefore, we recommend you to have your data nice and clean in one platform before the integration is activated, as this will make the sync process simpler.
- Hike does not allow duplicate SKUs or barcodes for products. Please note that although Ecwid does not allow duplicate SKUs for products, you can have duplicate barcodes (UPC) for various products in Ecwid. Please make sure there are no duplicate barcodes (UPC) in your Ecwid products before activating the integration.
- Once the integration is turned on, any data modification will update in both Hike and Ecwid. As such, we highly recommend you to perform a back-up of the most up-to-date data for both platforms before you activate the integration. Please check how to export products from Hike, you can also export data from Ecwid.
- Apply tax rule: as both Hike and Ecwid have different tax setting options, please make sure they are consistent in both platforms. This means if the price you entered in Ecwid is tax-inclusive, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax-inclusive prices” ticked. If you entered price tax-exclusive price in Ecwid, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax-inclusive prices” un-ticked example as below.
- Any Hike gift card, discount offers, store credits, and loyalty point will not sync with Ecwid.
- If you integrate Ecwid with any other platforms, this may affect the integration sync with Hike, for example if a third-party integration changes price, SKU or barcode information for products. Please check any existing integrations you have in Ecwid and test them thoroughly before activating the integration with Hike.
- Once your Hike and Ecwid stores are integrated and synced, please do not delete the integration and re-integrate unless you are looking to start from scratch, if you are facing any issues please feel free to contact our support team.
Here, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to integrate your Ecwid webstore with your Hike POS. You’ll activate the integration in 2 main steps:
- Connect Hike & Ecwid
- Apply setting rules
To get started, make sure that you’ve logged into both Hike & Ecwid.
Connect Hike & Ecwid
- In Hike, open the Store Setup tab, and click on Integrations.
- There will you find a list of applications to which Hike connects. Integrate your Ecwid account, by clicking on Activate to the right of the Ecwid icon. Please note, your integration page my look a bit different from the screenshot below.
- You will then be directed to the authorisation page, if you have logged into your Ecwid account. By clicking on "Accept", you are authorising Hike to perform the operations listed on the page. After confirming it, you’ll be automatically redirected to the Ecwid integration settings screen in Hike automatically.
- If you want to make sure that your Ecwid integration with Hike has successfully been activated, Close the settings screen, and you’ll land back on Hike’s Integrations page. You’ll notice that next to the Ecwid Integration row, the Activate option has been replaced with Manage, which means you have successfully activated the Hike + Ecwid connection.
- In future, you can revisit the settings by clicking on the Manage settings as shown in the screen below:
Now it’s time to provide your sync settings
On the settings screen, you’ll be able to establish exactly how you want your Hike & Ecwid pairing to work.
Hike outlet for invoice sync
Here you will find all the outlets you have in Hike. Select the outlet to which you want to sync the invoices from Ecwid. If you have only one outlet in Hike, you don't need to bother choosing.
Select Hike register for payments
It is used to track and reconcile your online order payments in Hike. Checking this box will bring up a drop-down box of all the registers in your chosen outlet. Please choose a register under the outlet to which you sync the invoice.
From now onwards, when you close the cash register at the end of the day/shift, it will also include the Ecwid payments in the daily receipt summary. You can revisit this summary at any point in time to verify payments against the online order dispatches.
We suggest a dedicated cash register for your online sales with Ecwid to give you greater transparency on online sales transactions and payments. It will also help to manage your register report because any sale syncing from Ecwid to Hike after you close your register will re-open the register integrated with Ecwid. Please check How to create outlets and registers
, there might be an additional charge based on which subscription plan you have, please check the Hike plan price
before doing any change.
If you are using a separate register for Ecwid sale record, it will auto-open the register whenever a sale syncs from Ecwid to Hike. We strongly recommend to close this register on daily basis or at least within 5 days since it opened, because it will help check the report and reconcile.
This is to map the tax rules between Hike and Ecwid. All tax rules created in your Hike store will be listed on the left and all tax rules in Ecwid will be listed in the dropdown lists. Please keep the same tax rules in two platforms, and map them accordingly.
You can choose to map Hike payment types with those in Ecwid. For example, if you map the payment types as shown in the screenshot, and pay a sale with "Cash on delivery" in Ecwid, the payment will sync to Hike as "Cash".
Select the outlet/physical inventory location your Ecwid store will draw inventory from. It could be one of your outlets or a central warehouse you dispatch online orders from.
Do you keep separate inventory for online sales?
If so, create a new outlet in Hike, name it ‘eCommerce’ or any other name that works for you and link it here. In this way, Hike will track your online sales and orders with a separate outlet. Your online orders will link with your selected outlet and will appear under its ‘order history’.
When you receive an online order, it will appear in this outlet’s order history as a ‘parked’ order. Now you can pick-n-pack the order using your Hike register. Once it's dispatched, mark it as complete in Hike. Hike will update the status back to Ecwid.
This way, you’ll only need to use one system to manage ALL your orders – online and in-store.
Please note: you don't have to create a separate outlet for eCommerce sales. You can use the same outlet as in-store sales, if you want.
Sync multiple Hike outlets product inventory to your eCommerce store
You can also display combined inventory form multiple of your Hike outlets on your eCommerce store. In this way, you won’t miss out on a customer order just because your designated fulfilment store does not have an item in stock.
With ability to display online the total inventory from all outlets, you can keep accepting online orders for an item as long as it is available at one of the locations, even if it is out of stock at the fulfilment outlet. When you receive an order and the item is not available at your fulfilment outlet, you simply need to dispatch the item from one of your other outlets.
To keep things in order, generate a transfer order from the source outlet to the fulfilment outlet when you send the item to the customer. Now mark the item in sales history as sent. This way, your fulfilment outlet inventory for the item will remain correct.
Please note: if you combine the inventory from different outlet when syncing it with Ecwid, any inventory count in Ecwid won't sync to Hike regardless of how the rest integration settings are set up. We would recommend you to always perform inventory count in Hike in this case.
You can select the Hike outlet from here.
This is where you’ll select how your data is synced and managed between Hike and Ecwid.
Ecwid -> Hike
There are different sync settings you can select based on your requirements. We’ll explain how each can be synced to and from Hike, with examples below:
Update inventory in Hike when an order is created in Ecwid
When order placed in Ecwid, it will update the product inventory involved in that order in Hike at the same time
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products included in this sale are already synced to Hike
- If this setting is off your inventory may not match between Hike and Ecwid
- If this setting was off, and later on turn it back on, please make sure reconcile your stock in both Hike and Ecwid
Send full Ecwid order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history
When order is placed in Ecwid, the order will sync to Hike, and you can check it in Hike sales history.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure all the products and customer included in this sale are already synced to Hike. If there is any unsynced item in this sale, it will not sync
- Hike will only take the new sales processed after the integration, any pre-existing sale in Ecwid will not sync.
- If you would like to sync manual inventory update from Ecwid to Hike, you will need to untick this option.
Send new products created in Ecwid to Hike
Any new product created in Ecwid will sync to Hike.
Make product visibility to all outlet when created in Hike.
This option only appears when you have multiple outlets in Hike. Unticking this option will only make the product visible in the mapped outlet/s in the inventory settings section when a new product syncs from Ecwid to Hike.
Update inventory in Ecwid when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
The stock will update in Ecwid if there is any sale, purchase order or stocktake processed in Hike.
- Manual stock adjustment for the products will update only from Hike to Ecwid, if you tick option "Send full Ecwid order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history". In other words, any manual stock adjustment happened in Ecwid will not update in Hike, so we strongly recommend to manage your stock in Hike.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products already synced to Ecwid
- Hike supports fraction sale feature, but Ecwid does not support it. If you are going to sell your products in a fraction in Hike, it will cause the problems with the stock level. Please consider carefully and test thoroughly before the integration.
Send new products in Hike to Ecwid
Any new product created in Hike will sync to Ecwid if they have eCommerce channel active in Hike like below (you will find how to activate it from Product support
- The composite product in Hike will not sync to Ecwid.
- If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms separately.
Send full Hike order to Ecwid and save in Ecwid's sales history
When an order is placed in Hike, the order will sync to Ecwid, and you can check it in Ecwid sales history.
Please note: Due to API limitations, there’s a chance that your inventory will get double deducted, though it’s very low. Thus, we recommend to disable this feature and retain POS orders history within Hike for faster real-time and accurate inventory updates.
Receive at least Ecwid orders related payment updates from Hike
This option will appear if you are not syncing orders between Hike and Ecwid in both ways. The option is ticked by default, and it's to ensure the payment applied in Ecwid will sync to Hike and be recorded.
Product Description Sync Preference
As explained in the notes, if you have applied HTML mark-ups in the product description in your Ecwid store, we would recommend you to choose the first option to avoid the format being wiped out in your Ecwid store. If you are sure that you don’t have HTML codes in your product description in Ecwid, you can keep the product description to sync in both ways.
Product Image Sync Preference
As explained in the notes, we recommend to sync product image update from Ecwid to Hike only, because the eCommerce platform gives you more flexibility on the resolution and display of product images.
Product Sync Reference
Hike uses the product (Stock-Keeping Unit) as a unique identifier for your products. This is standard practice for most leading accounting, POS and eCommerce platforms for the retail industry. However, some eCommerce applications do allow to create products without SKUs. To solve this discrepancy Hike lets you choose one of the following two options:
Sync non-SKU products to Hike and auto-assign SKU numbers
Selecting this option will trigger Hike to automatically create SKU numbers for products that are being added, but do not have an existing SKU.
Do not sync non-SKU products and their sales orders
Selecting this option will NOT add products that do not have SKUs. Enabling you to create them first in your integrated platform manually.
The customer is enforced to sync in both ways, to make sure sales can sync properly.
Once you’ve completed all the necessary steps, it’s time to save and start syncing. Click on the Continue button at the top to go on. If this is not the first time you set up the integrations, you will have the Save button instead of Continue.
Hike Tip: If the Continue/Save button is greyed out, it means you have not completed all the mandatory settings. The scenario in the image below is one of the most common ones. Ensure you have completed everything on the page, before moving on.
Please be advised that syncing your data across may take some time (depending on the number of products and customers you have in both systems).
Now it’s time to run the first-time sync
After clicking on “Continue”, you will be able to choose the direction of the first-time data sync flow. After confirming the choice and clicking on “save & sync”, the first-time data sync will start flowing as per your choice.
1. How the variant product will sync between Hike and Ecwid?
Hike to Ecwid: If it is a variant product in Hike all the variants will sync to Ecwid and list as variant options under one product. If it is a simple product in Hike, it will sync to Ecwid as a simple product
Ecwid to Hike: if it is a variant product in Ecwid, it will sync as a variant product in Hike. If it is a simple product in Ecwid, it will sync to Hike as a simple product
2. If I have a sale in Hike including products having eCommerce sales channel active as well as inactive, will it update my stock in Ecwid or not?
Yes, it will update the stock for your product in Ecwid if you have ticked the option “Update inventory in Ecwid when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike.
3. If I don’t want to sync a particular product to Ecwid, what should I do?
You can simple untick the sales channel “eCommerce” in Hike for that product. Please note, if you mark this product as inactive in Hike but still tick “eCommerce”, it will still sync to Ecwid.
4. How the shipping charge will display in Hike?
If the shipping charge is added for sale in Ecwid, it will be added as an extra line in Hike invoice like in the below. The shipping tax based on the general tax setting, Hike will take only the total of the shipping.
5. If I have plug-in in my Ecwid account, will it sync?
No, Hike is not syncing any update coming from the plug-in with the third party.