Use A Barcode Scanner for Purchase Orders
To increase the efficiency of adding products into a purchase order and receiving it, you can use a barcode scanner to help with the operation.
Adding products to a purchase order:
Please follow the steps below to add products to a purchase order.
1. Navigate to Inventory >> Purchases, and click on ADD NEW to create a purchase order, or any created purchase order to open it.
2. Set the options as required. For a detailed explanation of the options, please refer to, "What is a Stock Purchase Order?"
3. Click on anywhere blank to make sure the focus is not on any textbox or checkbox.
4. Scan the barcodes to add the products to the purchase order. Each time a barcode is scanned, the quantity of the product with it will increase by1.
Please note, Hike allows you to add a product to a purchase order only when the product has been created in Hike and is visible in the outlet to which the purchase order will be delivered.
If you have not created products that you are going to Scan, then Hike will ask you to create a new Product as per the below screenshot.
If you want to create a new product at that time, you can click on “Create New Product” otherwise you can cancel it.
When you click on “Create new Product”, the below screen will appear.
As per the above screen, you will be able to create a product without variants. To create products with variants you can go to: Product list page.
Receive a purchase order:
Please follow the steps below to receive a purchase order.
1. Navigate to Inventory >>> Purchases, and click on a created purchase order.
2. Click on the receive button, and a window will slide out.
3. Click on anywhere blank in the window, and start scanning the barcodes.
4. Each time a barcode is scanned, the quantity of the product with it will increase by 1.
5. Click on RECEIVE NOW for each product after the whole scanning process is completed to save the scanned results.
6. You can click on “RECEIVE AS ENTERED” as well if you want to receive all entered items, If you click on “RECEIVE ALL OUTSTANDING” You will be redirected to apply “Mark all Items Received”.
❖ ❖ ❖
Print Barcode Labels from Purchase Orders
In a business, printing labels for goods received might be your next step after receiving a purchase order. Hike provides an option to print the labels directly from a purchase order after receiving it. Compared with printing labels from Products > ...
Use barcode reader with mPOP
This article goes over the best practice on how to use the Barcode reader with the mPOP Cash Draw/Printer. 1. Connect the barcode reader to mPOP When the connection is performed while mPOP is turned on, the power to the barcode reader will also ...
User A Barcode Scanner for Stock Transfers
To increases the efficiency of creating a stock transfer, you can use a barcode scanner to add products into a stock transfer. Here are the steps that you will need to follow. 1. Navigate to Inventory >>> Transfers, and click on ADD NEW to create a ...
Inventory scanner application by Hike
Hike has introduced Inventory scanner application which turns your iPad, iPhone or any Android device with a camera into a scanner. We understand that not every business owner has a scanner device. Here are the links to download this for iPhone and ...
Custom prefix and suffix for purchase orders, transfers and inventory count reference numbers.
You can apply custom prefix/suffix for purchase orders, transactions and inventory count by going to: Store setup -> Outlet and register -> Click on Outlet name. These setups are applicable by outlet so you can also set separate prefix and/or suffix. ...