Setting Up Your Star Micronics Bluetooth Printer for iPad, Android tablet, Windows or Mac to Print Hike Receipts
In this example we are using the Star Micronics TSP650II Bluetooth Printer; though similar steps will apply for the Star Micronics TSP654 model and STAR SM-S220i model.
Setting up your Star TSP650II Bluetooth printer for iPad or Android tablet
Turn on your printer
- Make sure that your printer is connected to an AC outlet (the standard AC adapter and power cord is recommended)
- Turn on the power switch, located on the left side of the printer. The power lamp on the front side should be on
Pair your printer and your tablet
- Open Bluetooth settings on the tablet
- On the Printer press and hold the PAIR button on the back of the printer for 5 seconds or more, and then release it. The LED to the left of it will flash green. Keep in mind that pairing will be possible for 60 seconds from when LED begins flashing green.
- On the tablet, tap on Star Micronics to pair it. After pairing, the LED on the Printer will begin flashing blue and your tablet will show Star Micronics as ‘Connected’
Set up the Bluetooth printer in HikePOS application
- On the tablet, open Hike app
- Tap on the Menu icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the slide menu
- On the settings page select ‘Printer’
- Switch "Active printer" on, and choose Star Micronics in the list. You can configure it as per your requirements.
Setting up your Star TSP650II Bluetooth printer for Windows or Mac
- Install the Printer Drivers
- Go to the Star Micronics website http://www.starmicronics.com/ and search for Star Micronics Printer Specifications page for the TSP650II model
- Click on the box to the right, being Download Drivers, then ensure you choose the right computer (Windows or Mac) and the right interface, being Bluetooth.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the software
- From the same page, click on the tab Manuals. Use the same settings to download the User Manual for your printer. You will need this to connect your computer to the printer
- Follow the instructions in the manual to pair your printer to the computer via Bluetooth. You will find this very similar to the steps for the iPad. Once your computer is paired to the printer, you can print receipts from Hike.
Setting up your Thermal Receipt Printers and Cash Drawers with Hike POS
Thermal Receipt Printers are a popular printing device for retailers around the world, to generate quick and efficient receipts for their customers. As a cost-effective solution, these thermal receipt printers have enhanced the way retailers do ...
Setting up your Star Micronics mPOP
The Star Micronics mPOP is an all-in-one retail counter solution, that has been specifically designed for use with the iPad and Android tablets. Offering outstanding connectivity to your POS on the tablets, the mPOP links via a Bluetooth connection, ...
Setting up your Star Micronics mPOP
The Star Micronics mPOP is an all-in-one retail counter solution, that has been specifically designed for use with the iPad. Offering outstanding connectivity to your iPad POS, the mPOP links via a Bluetooth connection, forgoing the need for ...
Configuring your Star TSP143III Bluetooth Printer on iPad
The TSP143III Bluetooth Printer, the latest in Star’s TSP100 Series, offers retailers a fast connection between their Hike POS and Thermal Receipt printer, using Bluetooth connection. All that is required of your Printer and Hike POS device is access ...
Configuring your Star TSP100 & TSP143 LAN Printers for iPad or Android tablet
The Star TSP100 & TSP143 LAN Printers offers retailers around the world an Ethernet solution for printing out fast and efficient receipts for customers around the world. As a cost-effective solution for your printing needs, the TSP100 & TSP143 LAN ...