Hike offers built-in integration with BigCommerce. Connect your Hike store with BigCommerce to seamlessly integrate your in-store Hike POS and BigCommerce eCommerce store.
Integrating the two will give you complete management control of the data synced between the two platforms, including:
- Product details & variants
- Product categories
- Customer profiles
- Sale transactions
- Payment history
Important notes before starting the integration
- When the integration is activated for the first time, the data will sync in one go, any data added or edited after the integration is activated will sync individually. We recommend that you to have your data nice and clean in your Hike Store or in BigCommerce before the integration is activated, as it will improve the overall sync process.
- Hike does not allow duplicate SKUs or duplicate Barcodes, please make sure there is no duplicate SKUs or Barcodes in your BigCommerce Store before the integration, otherwise you will get sync errors for the duplicates.
- Once the Hike BigCommerce integration has been activated, any data modification made on either platform will sync to the other platform, so we highly recommend that you to take a back up of the most up to date data before you start the integration. Please check how to export products from Hike, you can also export your products from BigCommerce.
- Please check and apply tax rules: as both Hike and BigCommerce have different tax setting options, please make sure they are consistent in both platforms. What this means is that if the price you entered in BigCommerce is the Retail Price Inc tax, you need to make sure in your Hike store's general rules that you have “Tax inclusive prices” ticked. If you entered your prices as Ex-tax price in BigCommerce, you need to make sure in your Hike store's general rules that you have “Tax inclusive prices” un-ticked as shown in the screenshots below:
- Any Hike gift cards, discount offers and loyalty points will not sync with BigCommerce.
- Any additional integrations that your BigCommerce store has with other platforms may affect the sync with your Hike Store, for example if third party integrations are changing prices, SKUs or barcodes. Please test this thoroughly before the proceeding with your Hike BigCommerce Integration.
- Once your Hike store and BigCommerce store are integrated and synced, please do not delete the integration and re-integrate unless you are looking to start from scratch, if you are facing any issues please feel free to contact our Hike support team first.
Here, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to integrate your BigCommerce website with your Hike POS. You’ll activate the integration in 2 main steps:
- Connect Hike & BigCommerce
- Apply Integration setting rules
Connect Hike & BigCommerce
- In Hike, open the Menu tab, and click on Integrated Apps.
- From there you will find a list of applications which Hike connects to. To integrate your BigCommerce account, click on Activate to the right of the BigCommerce icon.
- You will then be taken to the Hike profile page on your BigCommerce app store.
- Click on Install next to the Hike icon, and Confirm access to Hike.
- From here BigCommerce will ask you to sign into Hike, to connect your online store.
You’ll be asked to Sign in With Your Hike Credentials.
Upon clicking on the Log In button, you’ll land back on the Hike Integrations page. You’ll notice that next to the BigCommerce Integration row, the Activate option has been replaced with Manage option, which means you have successfully activated the Hike + BigCommerce connection.
Now it’s time to provide your sync settings
Once your connection with BigCommerce is active, you’ll automatically be redirected to the BigCommerce Integration settings screen. In the future, you can revisit the settings by clicking on the Manage settings as shown in the screen below:
On the BigCommerce settings screen you’ll be able to establish exactly how you want your Hike & BigCommerce Integration to work.
Hike Outlet for Inventory Sync
Select the outlet/physical inventory location that your BigCommerce store will be deducting inventory from. It could be one of your outlets or a central warehouse that you dispatch online orders from.
Do you keep separate inventory for online sales?
If so, create a new outlet in Hike, name it ‘eCommerce’ or any other name that works for you and link it here. This way, Hike will track your online sales and orders via a separate outlet.
Your online orders will link with your selected outlet and will appear under its ‘order history’.
When you receive an online order, it will appear in this outlet’s order history as a ‘parked’ order. Now you can pick-n-pack the order using your Hike register and once the order is dispatched you can mark the order in Hike as complete. Hike will then sync and update the status of the order back to BigCommerce.
This way, you’ll only need to use one system to manage ALL your orders – online and in-store.
Sync multiple Hike outlets' product inventories to your eCommerce store
You can also display the combined inventory from multiple Hike outlets on your eCommerce store. This way, you won’t miss out on a customer order just because your designated fulfilment store did not have an item in stock.
With the ability to display the total inventory from all outlets on your online store, you can keep accepting online orders for an item as long as it is available at one of the locations, even if it is out of stock at the main linked fulfilment outlet. When you receive an order and the item is not available at your main fulfilment outlet, you simply need to dispatch the item from one of your other outlets which has the item in stock.
To keep things in order, generate a transfer order from source outlet to the fulfilment outlet when you send the item to the customer. Now mark the item in sales history as sent. This way, your fulfilment outlet inventory for the item will remain correct.
You can select the Hike outlet from the setting below:
Hike’s retail price is BigCommerce’s Price Type
BigCommerce presents 3 different price options for sales: Price, Retail Price & Sale Price. Here, Hike is asking you which BigCommerce price type you will use to sync between Hike and Big Commerce. BigCommerce allows you to edit the pricing of your product in these three ways.
This is the final price that the product is being sold for. This will apply to both Hike’s in-store sales and BigCommerce’s online sales if selected.
This is the price you create/edit against the product in BigCommerce, however:
- Hike will update the price overall, or this Retail Price field if being used
- Any discounts in BigCommerce will reduce the final sale price in BigCommerce
This is the price you create/edit against the product in BigCommerce, however:
- Hike will update the price overall, or this Sale Price field if being used
- Any discounts in BigCommerce may not apply as this is the final sale price in Big Commerce. Check your setting and consult with BigCommerce for further clarification
Caption: The Product pricing list as it appears on BigCommerce (top), the drop-down box as it is seen in Hike (bottom).
Select Hike register for payments
Check this box if you’d like to track and reconcile your online order payments in Hike. Checking this box will bring up a drop-down box of all the registers in your chosen outlet.
From now onwards, when you close the cash register at end of the day/shift, it will also include the BigCommerce payment in the daily receipt summary. You can revisit this summary at any point in time to verify payments against the online order dispatches.
We suggest using a separate dedicated Hike register for your online sales with BigCommerce to give you greater transparency on online sales transactions and payments. It will also help to manage your register report because any sale that syncs from BigCommerce to Hike after you close your register will re-open the register which integrated with BigCommerce, in order to log that the payment has been made. Please check How to create outlets and registers
, there may be additional charges based on which subscription plan you have, please check your Hike plan
pricing before making any changes.
If you are using a separate register for your BigCommerce sale records, it will still auto open the register (if it has been closed) whenever there is a sale synced from BigCommerce to Hike. It is strongly recommended that this register is closed on a daily basis or at least within 5 days since it was last opened as it will help your reporting and reconcile your Sales totals.
Hike Tax / BigCommerce Tax
‘Hike tax’ lists all the sales tax options set in Hike. ‘BigCommerce tax’ lists all the tax options already set in BigCommerce. Please make sure to map the correct tax rules so that when orders are synced, the tax amounts are matched correctly.
To correctly map tax classes in both systems, we suggest you create all your relevant taxes in both Hike and BigCommerce, and map the required taxes together as shown in the screenshot below:
This is where you’ll select how your data is synced and managed between Hike and BigCommerce.
BigCommerce -> Hike
There are different sync settings you can select based on your requirements. We’ll explain how each can be synced to and from Hike, with examples below:
Update inventory in Hike when an order is created in BigCommerce
When an order is placed in BigCommerce, it will update the product inventory involved in that order in your Hike Store at the same time
- To apply this setting; you need to make sure the products included in this sale are already synced to Hike
- If this setting is off your inventory may not match between Hike and BigCommerce
- If this setting was off, and you later on turn it back on, please make sure to double check and reconcile your stock levels in both Hike and BigCommerce
Send full BigCommerce order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history
When an order is placed in BigCommerce, the order will sync to Hike, and you can check it in Hike sales history.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure all the products and customer included in this sale are already synced to Hike, if there are any un-synced products or customer data in the sale, the full order will not sync at all.
- Draft orders in BigCommerce will not sync to Hike
- Hike will only take the new sales processed after the integration, any pre-existing sales in BigCommerce will not sync when the integration is first activated.
Send new products created in BigCommerce to Hike
Any new product created in BigCommerce will sync to Hike
Note: If you are planning to delete any already linked products, you need to delete it on both platforms.
Make product visibility to all outlet when created in Hike
This option will only appear if you have multiple outlets. If the option is ticked, when a product created in BigCommerce syncs to Hike, the product will be created as being visible in all outlets. Otherwise, it will only be visible in the outlet that is connected with the BigCommerce Integration. For further explanation on outlet visibility, please refer to Creating & Adding Products in Hike
Update inventory in BigCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
The stock will update in BigCommerce if there is any sale, purchase order or stocktake processed in Hike.
- Manual stock adjustment for the products will update only from Hike to BigCommerce; any manual stock adjustment that you make in BigCommerce will not update the stock levels in Hike, so we strongly recommend that you manage your stock inventory levels in Hike
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products are already synced to BigCommerce
- Hike supports the fraction sale feature, however, BigCommerce does not support it. If you are going to sell your products in fractions within Hike it will cause problems with the stock levels in BigCommerce. Please consider this carefully and test it thoroughly before setting up your Hike BigCommerce integration
Send new products in Hike to BigCommerce
Any new product created in Hike will sync to BigCommerce if they have the eCommerce Sales channel active in Hike as shown in the screenshot below (you will find out more on how to activate this from the Product support
- Composite products will not sync to BigCommerce but the individual products included in the composite product will sync and be displayed in BigCommerce as individual products
- If you are planning to delete any already linked products, you need to delete it in both Hike and BigCommerce
Send full Hike order to BigCommerce and save inBigCommerce's sales history
Any sales processed in Hike will sync to BigCommerce. We don't recommend that you to enable this feature, because using Hike as the main area where you control sales orders will result in faster and more accurate inventory management.
- The products included in the Hike sales order must have already been synced with BigCommerce or already be available in BigCommerce. Otherwise, the invoice will not be able to sync correctly.
- If you have multiple outlets, the sales processed in all outlets will sync to BigCommerce. However, inventory will only be deducted from the outlet you have mapped in the inventory settings section of your Hike BigCommerce integration settings.
- Due to API limitations, exchanges in Hike cannot sync to BigCommerce. However, the inventory adjustment from exchanges in Hike will be updated accordingly in BigCommerce.
Product Description Sync Preference
As BigCommerce provides higher flexibility regarding the display of product descriptions, you may have the product description displayed in BigCommerce with HTML markup. Hike provides you with an option to manage your product description in BigCommerce only, to avoid the BigCommerce product description HTML markups from being overwritten by the product description information available in Hike. We recommend that you to choose syncing product description from BigCommerce to Hike only as a result.
Product Image Sync Preference
BigCommerce supports product images with higher resolutions while Hike supports 500px x 500px as the maximum resolution for product images. If you would like to keep product images of higher resolutions to improve the experience of your customers in BigCommerce, we recommend that you manage the product images in BigCommerce. After choosing "Sync product image updates from BigCommerce to Hike only, 1-way (recommended)", when you create new products in Hike the product images assigned to the new Hike product will still sync to BigCommerce initially. Further update to the images will only sync from BigCommerce to Hike unless 2 way product image updates is selected.
Product SKU Preference
Hike uses the product SKU (Stock-Keeping Unit) information as a unique identifier for your products. This is standard practice for most leading accounting, POS and eCommerce platforms in the retail industry. However, some eCommerce applications allows you to create products without SKU information assigned. To solve this discrepancy Hike lets you choose one of the following two options when syncing products without SKU information:
Sync non-SKU products to Hike and auto-assign SKU numbers
Selecting this option will allow Hike to automatically create SKU information for any products that are being added which do not have any existing SKU information.
Do not sync non-SKU products and their sales orders
Selecting this option will NOT add products that do not have SKUs. This is useful for enabling you to create the products in your integrated platform manually and assigning your own SKU information.
Once you enable syncing new products from Hike to BigCommerce, an extra option will be shown in your Hike BigCommerce Integration settings that you will see at the bottom of the Integration page as shown in the screenshot below. Please select your preferred option for syncing Product Categories:
Once you’ve completed all the necessary steps, it’s time to save and start syncing. Click on the Save button at the top to go on.
If the Save button is greyed out, it means you have not completed a mandatory step. Ensure you have completed everything on the page, before moving on.
Please be advised that syncing your data across may take some time (depending on the number of products and customers you have in each system).
1. How does a variant product sync between Hike and BigCommerce?
Hike to BigCommerce: If it is a variant product in Hike then all the variants will sync to BigCommerce and be listed as variation/variant options under the one product.
If it is a simple product in Hike, it will sync to BigCommerce as a simple product.
BitCommerce to Hike: if it is a variation/variant option product in BigCommerce, it will sync as a variant product to Hike.
If it is a simple product in BigCommerce, it will sync to Hike as a simple product.
2. How are the different fields are mapped between Hike and BigCommerce?
Hike product name: BigCommerce Name
Hike SKU: BigCommerce SKU
Hike Barcode: BigCommerce UPC
Hike variants: BigCommerce variations/variant options
Hike description: BigCommerce description
Hike track inventory for this product: BigCommerce inventory tracking method
Hike cost price: BigCommerce Cost
Hike retail (ex. tax): depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike retail price (inc. tax):depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike stock: BigCommerce stock
Hike product types: BigCommerce categories
Hike brand: BigCommerce brand name
3. How does the BigCommerce payment method display in Hike after the sync occurs?
No matter what sort of payment is applied to a Sale in BigCommerce, it will show the payment type in your Hike Store as “BigCommerce” once synced.
4. If I have a sale in Hike including products that have the eCommerce sales channel active as well as products that are marked inactive, will it update my stock in BigCommerce or not?
Yes it will still update the stock for your products in BigCommerce as long as you have ticked the option “Update inventory in BigCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike.
5. If I don’t want to sync a particular product to BigCommerce, what should I do?
You can simple untick the sales channel “eCommerce” in Hike for that product and save. Please note that even if you mark this product as "inactive" in your Hike Store, if you still have the “eCommerce” sales channel ticked, the product will still sync to BigCommerce.
6. How does the shipping charge in BigCommerce display in Hike?
If the shipping charge is added for a sale in BigCommerce, it will be added as an extra line in Hike invoice as shown in the screenshot below. The shipping tax based on the general tax setting, Hike will take only the total of the shipping charge.
7. How do I quickly find the linked product from Hike in BigCommerce?
Once you finalise the integration with BigCommerce, you will see a sync icon next to each of them in the product list, simply click on the sync icon you will see the sync log. Then click on the BigCommerce icon on the top right corner of the product's Sync information and it will direct you to BigCommerce page with the linked product.
8. If I have a third party plug-in for my BigCommerce account, will it sync that information to Hike?
No, Hike will not sync any information that is assigned to BigCommerce data fields by a third party plug-in within BigCommerce.