Hike supports integrated payments with Elavon on PC, Mac, and iPad. Please note, the build-in integration is supported in US and Canada for now. You can easily configure the sync between Hike and the Elavon Desk/5000 terminal and Move/5000 terminal.
The instructions below are suitable for Hike users on PC and Mac only. To set up the integration for your Hike store on an iPad, you will need to perform the steps of "New payment setup in Hike" below on a computer, and "Confirm The Mode on The EFTPOS Terminal". Then, please go to Settings > General and perform "data sync", which will enable the payment type on your iPad.
Before you start the process, please make sure that your payment terminal and POS device (PC/Mac/iPad) are connected to the same Internet. Your POS device will not be able to detect Elavon payment terminal if on different internet connections.
New payment type setup in Hike
- Login to your Hike store
- Go to Store setup ->Payment types -> ADD PAYMENT TYPE -> enter the payment name -> select Elavon as payment type -> click “Save"
Confirm the mode on the EFTPOS terminal
- Power on the Desk/5000 terminal and connect it to your network. Confirm that the following screen appears on the Desk/5000 terminal. Please note that “Semi-Integrated” must appear at the bottom of this screen in order for the terminal to support integrated payments.
- If the screen below does not appear on your terminal, you will need to enable Semi-Integrated mode first.
Once the above payment type is created in Hike and your terminal is connected to your network and configured in Semi-Integrated mode, your Elavon terminal is ready to use.
Install middleware (Only relevant when you are using the terminal with PC/Mac)
You will need a piece of middleware called the Payment Bridge to enable the communication between Hike and the payment terminal EFTPOS machine. To install the middleware, you can run a dummy sale in your store, and choose the new Elavon Payment Type when checking out. You will be asked to download and install the middleware.
(The screenshot above is taken on a Mac. If you are using a Windows PC, the screenshot may look a bit different.)
- Once the middleware is installed, it will search for your payment terminal on your network.
- Once the payment terminal is found by the middleware, the following message will appear which indicates the integrated payments setup is complete.
- You can either follow the prompts on the terminal to complete the Sale or hit the red X button on the terminal to cancel the Sale. There is no more configuration required!
“ACCOUNT NOT ACTIVATED” error when running the dummy sale
If you receive an “ACCOUNT NOT ACTIVATED” error when trying to install the middleware, this indicates that the integrated payments feature has not yet been activated on your Hike account. Please complete the form with the link below and contact Hike support so that we can activate integrated payments on your account. Once activated, you can then complete the steps in the ‘Install middleware” section above.
Process payment using Elavon terminal with Hike
- Once the Elavon terminal has been configured, go to the process sale page located at “Point of Sale -> Process sale”. Add item(s) to the cart and click on the "PAY" button.
You'll notice the Elavon terminal payment type in the list. Select the Elavon payment type option and follow the prompts on the terminal.
Processing a refund using the Elavon Terminal with Hike
To process a refund, please go to “Point of Sale -> Sales history”. Click on “Refund”. Keep the items that you wish to refund and then click on the 'Refund' button on the page.
Here select your Elavon payment terminal and follow the prompts on the terminal.